Cryptocurrency has gradually become a legitimate trading asset, which means that experienced traders have come up with methods to increase the profits they make from successful positions. Trading bots in forex and the stock market have been around for a while, but they have recently made the transition to cryptocurrency. Using trading bots allows crypto traders to automatically trade according to rules that they have set. Since the cryptocurrency market doesn't sleep, or close after hours, the use of bots have become increasingly popular.
There are many different bots on the market, some are free and others are paid options. Do you really get what you pay for with the subscription bots, or can you achieve the same or even better results using the free ones? We have done the research for you, so you can spend more time setting up your bots, and less time researching them. The longer your bots are running, the more profits you can potentially make.
#1. Bybit: Best Overall - FREE Bot
Bybit is the best cryptocurrency exchange in Australia, and it has a Grid Trading Bot accessible by all users, free of charge. It is perfect for beginners, since you don't need to deal with the hassle of trying to sync a bot with a compatible exchange. With Bybit, you simply sign up to the crypto exchange, and the trading bot is easily found in the menu, and works seamlessly.
If you are an experienced bot trader, you will enjoy tweaking the bot's parameters to exactly how you prefer, and automate your trades 24/7. If this is your first time using a crypto trading bot, you may wish to learn from the best first. This is easy to do, because you can view the most profitable bots over the last 24 hours, or last 7 days. When you find a bot that you want to copy, you simply click the "Copy" button and now the parameters will be duplicated onto your own Grid Trading Bot! You can easily use that bot, or fine-tune it as per your preferences.
The bot itself is free to use, and the trading fees on Bybit are also very low, so you can maximise the gains from your crypto trading bot. Spot trading fees are only 0.1%, with discounts for large monthly trade volume. If you are interested in derivatives trading, the fees are even lower, at just 0.01% for makers and 0.06% for takers.
With more than 220+ coins available to trade, you will not find yourself short of markets to trade. Bybit is a comprehensive trading platform that has really excelled with the free trading bot. To top it all off, they include a Testnet or demo mode. This is a virtual trading platform, where you can practise your trading strategies, without using your real assets. Once you have perfected your strategies in the Testnet mode (which uses real-time market prices), you can easily apply it to real trades.
Bybit has plenty more on offer besides the trading bots. Experienced traders will enjoy margin trading with up to 100x leverage, earning interest on their crypto, and even instantly buying popular cryptocurrencies with Visa, Mastercard, or Apple Pay.
Compatible Exchanges: Bybit only
- Free to sign up, free to use trading bot, 0.1% fee per trade
Key features of Bybit:
- Australia's best crypto exchange, with free trading bot included
- Create your own bot, or Copy Trade by using other successful bots
- More than 220+ cryptocurrencies to trade
- Low fees at 0.1% for spot trading, 0.01/0.06% for derivatives trading
- 24/7 Live Chat customer support if you need assistance
- Other features on offer, such as margin trading and earning interest on crypto#1
- $10 FREE Bitcoin when you sign up here
Other useful articles: Bybit review
#2. KuCoin – Best for Beginners:
KuCoin is the second best option for newcomers to the crypto trading bot game. It is a free cryptocurrency exchange with over 600+ coins, that is easy to set-up, as there is no need to link any trading bots. Once you sign up to KuCoin, you can quickly navigate to the trading bots page and get started.
With KuCoin, you can join the trading bot community where you can interact with others, and discuss the best strategies. With over 11 million users on KuCoin, you are sure to find some useful information from the community. There is even an option to copy the parameters from the most successful trading bots, so you can mimic their trading strategy.
The downside of KuCoin is that you cannot withdraw AUD from the exchange. If you wish to withdraw you have to send your crypto to another exchange, and sell it there, before withdrawing to your bank account. You are also not able to deposit AUD into KuCoin, because there are no fiat markets to trade, but there is a fiat gateway. This means you can immediately purchase crypto using AUD, but note that there is a charge incurred from third-party payment providers, which is usually between 3-5%. A more cost-effective method is to purchase USDT from one of the top Australian exchanges, and then transfer it to KuCoin.
Compatible Exchanges: KuCoin only
Fees: Free to set up, free to use trading bot, 0.1% fee per trade
Key features of KuCoin:
- Free to open KuCoin account and free to use trading bots
- Low fees of 0.1%, with discounts if you pay with KCS (KuCoin's native token)
- Over 600+ different coins supported
- Deep liquidity, with over 11 million users
- Users can copy the bots of successful traders, so you can implement the same strategies
Other useful articles: KuCoin review
#3. Bitsgap: Best for Advanced Features
Bitsgap is one of the newer players in the trading bot industry, but they are not one to be ignored. Since their launch in 2017, Bitsgap has over 3.7 million trading bots on more than 15 different crypto exchanges.
Bitsgap connects seamlessly to more than 15+ exchanges (listed below), and enables smart trading features, even if they are not originally supported on the exchange. For example, if you trade on a crypto exchange that does not support Trailing, after you connect to Bitsgap via API, you will be able to use this feature.
There is a Demo mode which is extremely helpful for both new and advanced users of trading bots. As a newcomer, you can learn how the bots work, without using any of your real money, and become comfortable with the platform. As for advanced crypto traders, using the Demo mode allows you to test out different bot strategies, so you can maximise your returns. The Demo mode uses the same market conditions as real trading, and it will show your actual trading results, even though it is just using simulated funds.
Bitsgap is an extremely secure trading bot platform, with multi-layered security such as complex passwords, 2FA, and RSA 2048 encryption to protect all user data — from login attempts to stored API keys. You can read more about Bitsgap's safety measures on their Security page.
- Basic, 2 bots: $29 USD/month (only $24/month if you buy 6 months)
- Advanced, up to 5 bots, futures bots, trailing up & down for bots: $69 USD/month (only $57/month if you buy 6 months)
- Maximum, up to 20 bots, futures bots, trailing up & down for bots, take profit for bots: $149 USD/month (only $123/month if you buy 6 months)
- 7 day free trial
- 17% discount if you purchase 6 months in advance
Key features of Bitsgap:
- Automated trading with Grid bots, DCA bots, and Futures bots
- Select from ready-made strategies based on successful backtest results
- Access detailed stats of your bots so you can understand your results
- Risk-free Demo mode so you can test out your bots without risking your real money
- Additional features such as Take Profit, Stop Loss and Price Trailing features
- Cloud-based, so your bots can work 24/7 even when you are offline
- High-end encryption secures your connection between Bitsgap and your crypto exchange
#4. Pionex – 16 FREE Trading Bots:
Pionex is the best option for beginners to trading bots. It is a cryptocurrency trading platform, with 16 free built-in bots, so there's no need to try and link it to a compatible exchange. Over 120+ coins are available on Pionex, and you can read the various tutorials for each of the 16 bots so you can familiarise yourself with what they offer.
It is completely free to open a Pionex account, as well as to use any of the trading bots. You will incur a fee for trading, but they are really low, at just 0.05% per transaction, regardless of if you are trading yourself, or with the aid of a bot. Pionex's liquidity is very deep, as it aggregates the liquidity from Binance and Huobi near the ticker price.
The main drawback to using Pionex is that the exchange does not support fiat deposits or withdrawals. To get started using AUD, you will need to find a cryptocurrency exchange where you can purchase crypto using fiat, then send the coins over to Pionex. A good tip is to buy USDT (which is pegged to the US Dollar) on one of Australia's best crypto exchanges (click here), and send it to Pionex, where you can trade it against any other coin.
Compatible Exchanges: Pionex only
Fees: Free to set up, free to use 16 trading bots, 0.05% fee per trade
Key features of Pionex:
- Perfect for beginners, no need to link trading bots with a crypto exchange
- Free to open account, and 16 free built-in trading bots
- Low trading fees of just 0.05% whether trading manually or using a bot
- Support for over 120+ different cryptocurrencies
- Spot trading and leverage trading markets
- MSB (Money Services Business) license by FinCEN
CryptoHopper is an excellent cryptocurrency trading bot, that has many features, including a strategy designer tool with over 130+ indicators for personalising your trading strategy. If you are a beginner, you may prefer to purchase established trading templates and unique strategies from experienced traders.
The Paper Trading feature is an excellent way for both novice and experienced investors to test out their trading bots in a test environment before committing to the real thing. This is an invaluable tool that is not found on all crypto trading bots.
CryptoHopper also caters for experienced crypto traders with the marketplace, that contains tons of free and paid signals. You can combine different signals using CryptoHopper's technical indicators which lead to very detailed and personalised trading bots.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance.US, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Binance, Coinbase Pro, Huobi, HitBTC, Kraken, Bitvavo, OKX, KuCoin, Poloniex
- Pioneer Package, only comes with minimal features for portfolio management and manual trading: FREE
- Explorer Package (Starter package): Free trial for the first 7 days, then $19 USD/month
- Adventurer Package (Trader Plus package): $49 USD/month
- Hero Package (Pro Trader package): $99 USD/month
Key features of CryptoHopper:
- Exchange arbitrage
- Algorithm intelligence
- Mirror Trading
- Strategy designer
- Paper Trading - practise for free with virtual money
Coinrule is another great option of trading bot, allowing the everyday Aussie crypto trader to compete with professional algorithmic traders and hedge funds, with no coding necessary. The interface is easy to use, and will help you build both simple and advanced strategies.
There is an in-depth educational section for those that want to learn more about trading strategies, ideas and tips, and even an FAQ section to assist beginners.
Compatible Exchanges: Bittrex, Poloniex, HitBTC, Bitstamp, Bitpanda Pro, Kraken, OKEx, Liquid, Coinbase Pro
- Starter, only comes with 2 Live Rules, 7 template strategies, and up to $3k monthly trade volume: FREE
- Hobbyist, 7 Live Rules, 40 template strategies, up to $300k monthly trade volume, and more: $29.99 USD/month
- Trader, 15 Live Rules, unlimited template strategies, up to $3M monthly trade volume, and more: $59.99 USD/month
- Pro, 50 Live Rules, unlimited template strategies, unlimited trade volume, and much more: $449.99 USD/month
Key features of Coinrule:
- Trading templates that you can choose from
- Easy to use IFTTT (If-this-then-that) template
- Demo exchange, so you can test your strategies risk-free
- Trading community where you can connect with others to discuss strategies and ideas
- Extensive knowledge base found on website and Youtube channel
#7. Trality – Best for creating a bot:
Trality is the best option for the astute crypto trader that wants to create their own automated bot, instead of picking one from a set list. It is easy for Trality users to personalise their bots based on their individual needs, and is great for anyone from newcomers to experienced crypto traders.
You can create as many bots as you like, and each one can run on multiple strategies and can be applied to many different trading pairs. If you are keen, you can also rent out your created bots on Trality's marketplace. Conversely, if you are unsure which parameters to use when creating a bot, you can follow other bots on the marketplace.
The tools available on Trality are excellent, and there is even Python API functionality for developers, as well as a debugger, libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Tulip and Talib, and a number of templates that can get you on your way.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance, Bitpanda Pro, Kraken, Coinbase Pro, FTX, Binance.US
- Pawn, up to €5,000 trading volume/month, and one bot: FREE
- Knight, up to €25,000 trading volume/month, and two bots: €9.99/month
- Rook, up to €250,000 trading volume/month, and five bots: €39.99/month
- Queen, unlimited trading volume/month, and ten bots: €59.99/month
- Save 20% on annual plans
Key features of Trality:
- Create your bot using either the Rule Builder (for those who can't code) or Python Code Editor (for developers)
- Extremely fast backtesting
- Create bots, backtest, paper trade, and live trade from the same interface
- Rent out your bots to earn passive income
- Access Trality from a browser; no downloads required
TradeSanta aims to make trading bots accessible to all, and they have successfully achieved that, with a basic, yet feature-packed interface. It is easy to set up bots, and you can even use virtual bots to test out strategies first, without risking your real funds.
TradeSanta has not stopped still since it started in 2018, and regularly adds new capabilities for their users. For example, in 2021, they made trading futures possible for their users.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance, OKEX, Coinbase Pro, Huobi, Upbit, Binance Futures, HitBTC, FTX (coming soon), Kraken (coming soon), Bybit (coming soon)
- Basic, up to 49 bots: $14 USD/month
- Advanced, up to 99 bots: $20 USD/month
- Maximum, unlimited number of bots: $30 USD/month
- Prices are based on annual purchase
Key features of TradeSanta:
- Grid and DCA trading strategies
- Set up a virtual bot to test out automated strategy
- Set up a bot to trade futures, using leverage
- Mobile app access so you can manage bots wherever you are
- Trade manually on several exchanges from within the one interface
HaasOnline is another option for crypto traders, and they offer an automated trading bot and platform. It is not aimed at beginners, but rather for those that are experienced traders, or are intermediate users that are serious about learning automated bots.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance Futures, Binance.us, Binance, BitMEX, Bitpanda Pro, Bitstamp, Coinbase Pro, Bittrex, Ionomy, Bitfinex, Cex.io, ,Gemini, Huobi Global, Deribit, HitBTC, Kraken Futures, Kraken, KuCoin, OKEx Futures, OKEx, OkCoin, Poloniex
- Beginner, 10 bots, access to 20+ indicators: 0.004 BTC/ 3 months
- Simple, 20 bots, access to 40+ indicators: 0.006 BTC/ 3 months
- Advanced, unrestricted bots, unrestricted indicators: 0.009 BTC/ 3 months
- discounted fees if you choose annual billing
Key features of HaasOnline:
- HaasOnline's backtesting feature can deliver results by backtesting up to 56 weeks of past data
- It is easy to implement a spread order strategy in any market with HaasOnline's Flash Crash bot tool
- Compatible with several futures trading crypto exchanges
- The Visual Editor tool helps serious newcomers learn about building trading strategies
3Commas is a newer trading bot but is still a respectable choice. It uses the Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) strategy which minimises the volatility normally present in cryptocurrency trading. The trailing stop feature opens a trader's position and leaves it open if the coin's price is increasing, but once it begins to drop, the position is closed automatically. This is a useful function because it means that you can make some quick and easy profits from sudden bull runs that can happen in the blink of an eye.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance.us, Bitstamp, Binance Futures, Binance, BitMEX, Bitfinex, Bybit, Binance DEX, Coinbase Pro, Bittrex, Cex.io, Exam, Gate.io, Huobi Global, KuCoin, HitBTC, Kraken, OKEx, YoBit, Poloniex
- Free, 1 Grid bot, 1 Options bot, 1 DCA bot, 1 Active SmartTrade: $0 forever
- Starter, 1 Grid bot, 1 Options bot, 1 DCA bot, unlimited Active SmartTrades: $29 USD/month
- Advanced, 1 Grid bot, 1 Options bot, unlimited DCA bots, unlimited Active SmartTrades: $49 USD/month
- Pro, Unlimited Grid bots, unlimited Options bot, unlimited DCA bots, unlimited Active SmartTrades: $99 USD/month
- Discounts if paid per year
Key features of 3Commas:
- Supports 20 crypto trading exchanges
- Wide range of currencies supported
- SmartTrading lets you trade from all supported exchanges within the one interface
- Partnership with CryptoTrader.Tax means users get easy, automated tax reporting
Shrimpy is actually a crypto portfolio management app, not specifically a trading bot, but it does have some great automated tools for trading. Shrimpy has a widely-renowned automatic portfolio rebalancing feature, that is market-leading. For experienced users, you can also use Shrimpy's interface to trade on several platforms easily.
Compatible Exchanges: Bibox, Bitstamp, Bittrex, Binance, Binance.us, Bitfinex, BitMart, Coinbase Pro, OKEx, Bittrex Global, Huobi Global, HitBTC, KuCoin, Kraken, Poloniex
- Starter, 3 portfolios per exchange account, connect 5 exchange accounts: $19 USD/month
- Professional, 5 portfolios per exchange account, connect 10 exchange accounts: $79 USD/month
- Enterprise, 10 portfolios per exchange account, connect 25 exchange accounts: $299 USD/month
- 20% discount if paid annually
Key features of Shrimpy:
- Helpful tutorials that are easy to understand
- Pro-grade backtesting
- Trading community of users across Reddit, Telegram and Discord
- Simple tax reporting using CryptoTrader.Tax
To read our privacy statement visit this page.