For many crypto investors, having access to your portfolio in your pocket is extremely valuable. You can always check the value of your crypto, and quickly make trades if there is a sudden spike in volatility. To access your crypto wherever you are, you will need a mobile cryptocurrency app.
With so many on the market, how do you know which ones are legitimate, and which is the best to use? I have tested out over a hundred crypto apps to come up with this list. I only recommend trusted and secure apps that I have personally used to buy, sell, and trade crypto. From my 7+ years of experience in the crypto industry, I have compiled this list of the best crypto apps for Australians.
The Best Crypto Apps in Australia - Tested and Reviewed in 2024
This is my current list of the best crypto apps in Australia, updated in 2024. I am continually reviewing and testing new crypto apps, and if I find one that is better than others on this list, I change my list to reflect that. Any new features that change the rankings will also be taken into account. I strive to give my readers the most informative and reliable information, so it is always based on my own research and testing.
- 1Bybit - Best Crypto App in Australia
- 2CoinSpot - Most Secure Crypto App in Australia
- 3Swyftx - Best Crypto App with Demo Mode
- 4Crypto.com - Best Crypto App for Beginners
- 5MEXC - Lowest Fees Crypto App
- 6eToro Australia - Best Crypto App for Copy Trading
- 7Binance Australia - Best App for Serious Crypto Trading
- 8Independent Reserve - Best App for Crypto Insurance
Best Crypto Apps in Australia
- Best for frequent traders
- Low fees of 0.1% spot, 0.01/0.06% derivatives
- Margin trading with up to 100x leverage
- More than 410+ different coins
- Most trusted and secure exchange
- Earn interest on 21 coins
Best For Security
- Over 320+ different cryptocurrencies
- Low fees and easy to use
- Demo mode: practise trading risk-free
Best Demo Mode
- Convenient and simple to use
- Buy and sell 250+ coins instantly
- Earn crypto with free Visa debit card
Best For Beginners
- Over 1,520+ cryptocurrencies to trade
- Deepest liquidity of any crypto exchange
- Free trading bots, margin trading (125x)
Best For Serious Trading
Best Crypto Apps in Australia - Reviews
#1. Bybit App – Best Crypto App
Bybit is the best app for experienced crypto traders who want to make lots of regular trades. The app has 99.99% system functionality and rapid trade speed, along with extremely low fees. Spot trading fees are only 0.1%, and if you plan to trade derivatives, the fees are 0.01% for makers and 0.06% for takers.
There are more than 280+ coins to trade, and you can even margin trade with up to 100x leverage. This app is a dedicated crypto trading app, but still looks after beginners who simply want to buy crypto and hold it. There is the option to purchase crypto on Bybit directly using your Visa/Mastercard or even Apple Pay.
Bybit offers more than 280+ cryptocurrencies, which you can trade on the spot market, or derivatives markets. The fees are extremely low, at 0.1% for spot trading, and only 0.01% for makers and 0.06% for takers if you trade derivatives.
Bybit also provides users a testnet (demo) platform, which means you can practise trading using virtual money, to get used to the app, and try out different strategies. You can also contact Customer Support using their 24/7 Live Chat, which is very helpful if you encounter any issues.
- Receive $10 Bitcoin FREE if you sign up with this link and deposit at least $100
- Trade over 280+ different coins via spot trading, derivatives trading, or margin trading (up to 100x leverage)
- Lowest trading fees - Spot trading: 0.1%, Derivatives trading: 0.01% / 0.06% (maker/taker)
- Rapid trade speed and 99.99% system functionality
- 24/7 Live Chat support
Other useful articles: Bybit review
#2. CoinSpot App – Most Secure:
CoinSpot is the most secure crypto app, and one of the earliest exchanges in the Australian cryptocurrency market, founded back in 2013. It has become the largest crypto exchange in the country, with over 2.5 million users and is the only Australian crypto app with the ISO 27001 certification, making it the most secure and audited in the country.
CoinSpot has over 410+ different coins available on their app, and it is always adding new ones. This app is great for newcomers to crypto as it is easy to use, with 24/7 Live Chat support if you find yourself in trouble. The instant buy and sell fees are slightly higher than competitors, with 1% transaction fee, but in return you get the peace of mind of the most secure and trusted crypto app. If you decide to trade cryptocurrency on the market, you will receive much lower fees of just 0.1%, but you can only access 15 popular coins in this manner.
- The most secure and trusted crypto app in Australia
- FREE $20 BTC when you sign up here
- 24/7 Live Chat customer support
- Buy and sell over 410+ cryptocurrencies with AUD
- Earn crypto interest on 21 coins
- NFT marketplace, where you can purchase with any crypto
- Various deposit methods including bank transfer, cash deposit, PayID, and more
#3. Swyftx App – Best for Demo Mode:
Swyftx is a modern and user-friendly crypto app that is an excellent choice in Australia. It is perfect for beginners, with a simple menu and navigation, and offers 24/7 Live Chat support in case you run into any issues. There are more than 320+ different cryptocurrencies you can buy or sell, which is plenty for novices and experts alike. The fees are low, at just 0.6%, and the spreads are tight, making it an attractive app for thousands of Aussie crypto investors.
Signing up with Swyftx is so easy, and only takes a few steps, even with verifying your account. You can get started within a few minutes, and then start browsing for your first crypto purchase. Swyftx also has a really useful feature with their demo mode. You can easily toggle it on and off from the menu, and it allows you to practise trading with $10,000 of play money. You can try out some trading strategies, or just get the hang of how to purchase and sell crypto before investing your real money.
Depositing and withdrawing AUD from Swyftx app is free of charge, no matter which method you use, which is another drawcard. The less you pay in fees, the more crypto you can get your hands on.
- Brisbane-based crypto app, registered with AUSTRAC
- FREE $20 BTC when you sign up here
- Australian-based Live Chat customer support to help you with any problems
- Over 320+ cryptocurrencies to buy, sell and trade
- Low trading fees of 0.6% and no hidden costs
- Many free deposit options available: credit/debit cards, bank transfers, PayID and more
#4. Crypto.com App – Best for Beginners:
Crypto.com app is ideal for newcomers to cryptocurrency. The app is very intuitive and easy to navigate, and gives users 250+ coins at their fingertips to instantly buy or sell. If you are interested in earning interest on your crypto, there are more than 40+ coins that you can stake, easily from within the app.
Crypto.com also has a Visa debit card that you can load with AUD and spend it like a regular card anywhere that accepts Visa. The best thing about this is that you receive cashback in CRO (Crypto.com's own coin) when you spend your fiat currency. Depending on the loyalty tier you are on (based on how much CRO you stake), you can receive between 1 and 5% CRO back on each purchase. You can also receive additional benefits such as Netflix, Spotify, and Airbnb rebates, plus free airport lounge access!
- More than 250+ coins to buy and sell
- Stake more than 40 different cryptocurrencies to earn interest
- Excellent Visa debit card with a ton of benefits
- Simple, convenient, and ideal for beginners
- Live Chat support to assist when you need
- All fees are included in the spread, so whatever price you see is what you get
Other useful articles: Crypto.com review
#5. MEXC App – Lowest Fees:
MEXC is the top crypto app if you are an experienced trader. With a huge range of more than 1,520+ coins and 2,114 trading pairs, you are spoilt for choice. Not only do you have a ton of cryptocurrencies to choose from, but there are also plenty of markets, for example spot trading, margin trading (up to 125x leverage), derivatives trading, and futures trading.
The liquidity is the deepest you will find on any crypto app, even when compared to the world's biggest platforms like Binance, Huobi, KuCoin, Bybit and Bitget. The fees are also the lowest you will find, at 0% for spot trading, and only 0.0/0.01% (maker/taker) for futures trading. If you use my link here, you also receive 10% off all your trading fees!
- Largest range of cryptocurrencies to trade, with 1,520+ coins and 2,114 trading pairs
- FREE $30 USDT and 10% off trading fees when you sign up here
- Lowest trading fees of 0% for spot and 0.0/0.01% for futures
- Best for experienced cryptocurrency trading
- Margin trading, futures trading, spot trading
- Copy trading and bot trading are available
#6. eToro App – Best for Copy Trading:
eToro's app is not specifically just for cryptocurrency, since it also offers a wide range of other financial assets to trade, including stocks, ETFs and commodities. However, they still offer a decent range of 75 cryptocurrencies, which is enough for many crypto investors. eToro also offers a unique feature called Copy Trading that lets you find successful traders, and automatically copy their trades.
eToro is also marketed as a social trading app, so you can post comments, ask questions and interact with the trading community. In this way, you can quickly learn about cryptocurrency as well as other markets, and improve your trading skills. There is also a demo account on the app, where you can try out your trading strategies with $100,000 of play money.
eToro charges 1% fee on each crypto trade, which is a little higher than most of the competitors, but the range of other assets make it an interesting choice for those that want to invest in various instruments from the one platform.
- Trade 75 different cryptocurrencies, as well as US stocks, ETFs and commodities
- Copy Trading lets you automatically copy the trades of the most successful investors
- Demo account available: practise trading with $100,000 of virtual money
#7. Binance App – Best for Serious Crypto Trading:
Binance is the biggest crypto exchange in the world, based on trading volume, and they draw in so many users to their app due to two main reasons: low trading fees of just 0.1% and a wealth of features, that are not found on basic crypto apps. Binance's app can be a little confusing for beginners, so I don't recommend it for newcomers to crypto, but for those with an intermediate or advanced level of trading experience, Binance is the perfect choice.
You will find over 600+ coins available on the Binance app, that you can trade easily, since Binance has such deep liquidity. Besides basic spot trading, you will also be able to find many other markets such as futures trading, margin trading, and P2P. If you are after other features apart from trading, you will also enjoy the NFT marketplace, crypto lending and borrowing, and staking on over 70+ coins, so you can earn interest on your holdings.
It is free to deposit and withdraw AUD from the Binance app, and the trading fees are just 0.1%. If you are a trader that likes to use trading bots, Binance has great compatibility with many third-party bots, so you can easily set up your automatic strategy.
- Low trading fees of only 0.1%
- Pay trading fees with Binance Coin (BNB) to receive 25% discount
- Over 600+ cryptocurrencies available to trade
- Other markets to trade, such as Futures, Margin Trading and P2P
- Staking on over 70+ coins available
- NFT marketplace, cryptocurrency lending and borrowing
#8. Independent Reserve App – Best for Crypto Insurance:
Independent Reserve is an Australian crypto app that focuses on institutional traders and high net worth individuals. They offer low trading fees of 0.5% with reductions if you are trading a large volume per month, equalling over $100,000.
Independent Reserve caters to large institutional traders, with their OTC desk, facilitating transactions of over $100,000 off the market, to ensure minimal slippage. They also offer optional cryptocurrency insurance that can cover up to $5 million. Tax-reporting features powered by KPMG mean that accounting is made easy.
The main downside with Independent Reserve's app is that they only support 27 different cryptocurrencies. Most of the other apps in our list of recommended apps support over 200, so it lacks in this area. However, if you are a high-volume crypto trader, this is definitely an app to consider.
- Access cryptocurrency insurance cover when you sign up for a premium account
- Trade 27 cryptocurrencies for just 0.5% fee, which can be reduced by trading volume
- Automatic dollar-cost averaging tax reports powered by KPMG
Other useful articles: Independent Reserve review
I hope you have managed to find a crypto app that is suitable for your needs. You can always sign up to several of these crypto apps to see which is best for you. All of the apps in this list are free to use, so there is no harm in signing up to a few and even claiming the free crypto at each of them!